EVTRAILS - VERSION 11.9
On September 19th, we released version 11.9 of evTrails, which brings new features and improvements to the platform.
One of the major features released with this version is the ability to use calculated fields inside of a datasource.
This is really useful if, let's say, you would like to automatically calculate the maintenance cost of a trail by multiplying it's length by a fixed $ amount. This calculated field could then apply for all of your existing trails, but also the ones you add in the future!
Another great addition in this release is the ability to make routing either use or ignore trails marked as closed.
Before this change, the routing feature would always consider closed trails since conditions change quickly in winter and users like to plan their trips ahead of time. With this enhancement, you now have the option to completely disable routing through closed trails if that makes more sense for your riders.
Note: This is an on-demand feature, which means you can contact us to have routing through closed trails disabled.
- It will now be possible to set up one-way trails in the Trail Manager to better represent the reality where some narrower trails require riders to only move in one way.
- A button was added as a convenient way to invert the arrows of a one-way trail in the event it was created pointing the wrong way.
- Added the option to create Calculated fields inside a datasource. For example, this could be used to automatically calculate the maintenance cost of a trail based on its length and multiplied by the cost/km.
- Users can now export routes created on the interactive trail maps as GPX tracks that can be used in standard GPS devices.
- The routing tool can now ignore trails that are set to “Closed” for directions given to users. (On-demand feature)
- evTrails now supports seamless importation of “multiline” GPX files, which will no longer require splitting those files into single-line mode.
- Previously, when drag-and-dropping a file into the trail manager that did not match any of the existing data formats, the file was directly imported to the map as a new layer without further indications, which was confusing. From now on, a warning message will appear informing the user that no match could be found.
- Popups that appear when clicking on a trail have been disabled while using the routing tool. The popup caused confusion for some users since it displays the trail length rather than total trip length from A to B. (On-demand feature)
- Fixed an issue where the “Clear” button inside the datasource browser did not effectively remove the currently applied filters.
- Fixed an issue causing the picture linked to a Service not to be displayed on the map.
- Fixed an issue causing trails updated through batch editing not to have their display mode changed when the “enabled” checkbox was left unchecked.
- The feature used to create snowtours from the organization previously only displayed a “snowtours” label, even for ATV organizations. This text can now be modified to display “Quad tours”.
- Fixed an issue causing new trails to have no “last updated” date related to its status.