Senior Mobile Developer
In order to support its growth and to keep improving its mobile products, Mapgears is looking for the ideal candidate to take on the challenge of Senior Mobile Developer.
As a senior mobile developer, you will be a key player of the Mapgears development team.
You will need to use your experience and expertise to design, develop and support modern, efficient and user-friendly mobile applications based on specific needs and requirements. These applications will need to be compatible with Android / iOS devices and will use the API of our existing products to process and manipulate data.
Your project management skills will also be essential for this position since you will have to coordinate deadlines with the project manager, prioritize the features to be developed, organize the workflow and manage quality assurance tests.
Ready to take on the challenge and join a close-knit, dynamic and somewhat geeky team?
The ideal candidate has the following skills:
- 3+ years of experience in native iOS and/or Android mobile development
- 3+ years of experience managing projects
- Experience with Firebase
- Experience with Git
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with Python (Pyramid, an asset)
- Experience using the REST API
As well as the following abilities:
- Bilingual French / English spoken and written
- An ability to efficiently manage his time and schedule in an independent manner
- An ability to think outside the box and try new things
- An interest in self-training in the latest technologies
- An ability to work in a team and to communicate effectively and with respect
- Experience with the following OSGeo Foundation tools:
- MapServer, OpenLayers, MapCache, PostGIS, GDAL
- Knowledge in systems administration
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- The option of joining an shareholder workers cooperative (coopérative de travailleurs actionnaire)
Submit your application
Ready to take on the challenge? Send us your resume by email and specify what you can bring to the team!